Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, June 19, 2009

My Alvis baby at 15 months...

Yesterday my Alvis baby turned 15months old..
15 months ago yesterday I gave birth to him at noon time and that was when we first touched...
Every month on the 18th, marks a special day for me.
It reminds me how old my Alvis baby is and that my little precious who was just 3.4kg at birth is now a big boy, into his toddlerhood...

Next week is his MMR vaccination...
Can't wait to bring him to Dr Low and let him stand on the electronic weighing scale (yeah, when they were little, they lied down on the scale, now they stand on those used by adults.. hehe) and stand against the height measurement chart...

I've never really blogged about his milestones, his growth and his achievements because I've always believed that each baby grows differently at their own pace. All I want and pray each day is that Alvis grows healthy, tall and strong, and happy most importantly...

The things that he does these days really bring laughters to everyone..
I would say he is very vocal and he is fast in catching words I say, probably because of the fact that I've been teaching and started since he was very young.
I would very much like to share what he can say and identify at his age of 15months, for the very first time, because I feel he deserve mummy's little praise here. :)

Greetings:
Alvis can say the following when it comes to greetings:
- Mummy sweetly.. :P
- Daddy or Papa
- Y-gong (my dad)
- Po (my aunt taking care of him)
- Ah-yi (my sisters and cousins)
- Ah-Gu (my bro and cousins)
- Ah-Peh (elderly men)
- Ah-Mm (elderly women)
- Uncle
- Auntie
- Jie jie
- Kor Kor
- Di di
- Mei mei
- Hello
- Hi
- Bye Bye
- Night for good-night
- can wave goodbye, wave hello and wave hi
- can give you a flying kiss
- can hug you
- can knock his head against yours
- can sayang you

Body Parts:
Alvis can identify and say these body parts when you ask him to:
- Head a.k.a Tou
- Hands a.k.a Shou
- Feet/ Leg a.k.a Jiao
- Hair
- Ears
- Nose
- Eyes
- Mouth
- Ya Chi for teeth
- He can gesture 'bao bao' by patting his tummy when he is full after his porridge
- He can gesture 'pa pa' by patting his chest if you ask him how to express 'scared'
- He can put his head down on the pillow when you ask him how to sleep
- He will press his eyes closed together when you ask him to close his eyes and sleep
- He can shake hand with you
- He can do high fives
- He can clap his hands

Food
- Mum mum
- Nei Nei
- Milk Milk
- Zhou Zhou for porridge
- Apple
- Orange
- Banana
- Bao for bread
- Papaya
- Berry for strawberry
- Pu Tao for Grapes
- Pear
- Cold cold when he knows you're drinking iced water or open the fridge
- Cake
- Nice or Good when you ask if the food is tasty
- He is learning to gesture the thumb-up sign when saying "good" but he currently uses his index finger cuz he still doesn't know how to do thumbs-up. :p
- Water
- Atoe for Tomato
- He is learning Coconut

Transportation:
- Car or car-car
- Fei Ji for planes
- Bike for motorbike
- Bicycle
- Bus
- Choo choo train for trains

Miscellaneous:
- Star
- Moon
- mei mei when i ask him "mummy mei mei mah?" hahaha..
- gao gao for high high
- Happy
- Shoes shoes
- bai bai for praying
- guai guai for obedience
- press
- Pen
- Clock
- Kite
- No More
- Ball ball
- Money
- Bubble
- Fish
- Gui / turtle for turtle or tortoise
- cannot
- Fan
- Deng for light/lamp
- Bear bear
- Mouse for Mickey Mouse
- Money
- Baby
- Two
- Ten
- Think
- Pom pom for bathe or shower
- Where and There

and the list goes on.....

I always smile whenever he speaks...
There is just something about him that always warms my heart.
It doesn't have to be any big task....
I love to tuck him to bed...
I love to speak to him softly and we look into each other's eyes...
He will smile like an angel and nod his head in agreement to what I say...
And he will slowly doze off to sleep without pacifier, any singing or patting...
Each night I look forward to that time we spend together...
and we'll hold each other's hands till he fall asleep and then I'll take mine out...

To Alvis baby,
Mummy loves you more than words can say.
Happy 15 months old and many to come..
You're mummy's dearest and my little darling...
Love the way we both clapped hands and mummy sang Happy Birthday last night at home and you laughed so loud.
Love you to bits.
May you grow strong, healthy, happy and tall. :)

1 comment:

kelvin said...

Jia you Alvis ! Jia you Alvis ! :)