Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Wifey's Thoughts...

Time really flies...
My 10months pregnancy will soon end with the arrival of our little prince..
It has been a wonderful 9+months, and I guess I should share with everybody some little thoughts of mine...

About 8 months ago, we held our customary wedding on 20th July 2007...
Still remember all the preparation works we did together just for that big important day of ours..
It was truly unforgettable..
Shortly after that, I was pregnant and we were both so happy and excited about it...
I must admit it was not that easy.. This being the first time, we both learnt alot these few months regarding pregnancy and childbirth...
If it hadn't been for my hubby, I don't think I would have such an enjoyable pregnancy...
From the very first joyous expression on his face when he found out I was pregnant, I know that he will build the world's happiest family with me.. =)
I believe his role plays the most important part during this whole pregnancy..

During the first trimester, I was sleepy and exhausted everyday...
He made sure I sleep as soon as I came back from work and ensured that I had enough rest..
He bought me folic acid and reminded me to take it everyday at the start of the pregnancy...
He prepared milk and breakfast for me everyday without fail...
He brought me to every single pre-natal check ups..
He surfed the net, read up on pregnancy, so he could share more information with me and be aware of what he can help on his part..
He made sure I don't go hungry and always satisfied any of my cravings (though I rarely had any.. =P)

After we got to know the gender of the baby during the second trimester, I started to shop for bb's necessities, darling never failed to share his opinion about which and what to buy..
Then my figure start getting out of shape, I became so conscious about it...
He comforted me and gave me all the assurance I needed..

During this last stage, I became so slow in my movements...
He always held on to my hand and walk slowly by my side..
Giving me any support I needed...
We used to walk so fast and go anywhere on our legs together.. I think he sure miss all the fun times we had traveling here and there before I was pregnant..
and he never fails to be patient, caring and understanding all this while..

There were many sacrifices from the both of us...
I think the biggest sacrifice for a woman would be our physical body..
I used to have such a petite frame, with a taut and toned body...
Now I can see my stretched skin with marks and the extra fats on my body after all these months without exercising...
I must say it was really hard to accept..
And I feel sad looking at myself in the mirror now when I see the marks and cellulite..
But for the baby, i know it's all worth it.....
and of course it's very important that the hubby understands all these..
We, women, would definitely want a stretchmark and fat free, slim and pretty pregnancy, if we can control it.. Right ladies? =P

Now that bb will be arriving anytime, I would like to express some heartfelt thanks to some of the very important people who I really would like to thank..

First it would be to my hubby...
Thank you so much for all the love and care you've given me unconditionally all these while...
You've put in effort to making yourself the best hubby in the world to me..
Though we do have times when we had disagreements, you always gave in your best you can to make me feel happier..
I really truly appreciate all the things you've done for me all these while, pampering me like a princess..
I know we will both work together very hard to give our bb the best we can...
And I know we'll have the happiest family.. You, me and bb... =)

Secondly would be to thank my papa...
He had been very nice during my pregnancy as well...
Making tonic for me whenever he has the time...
Always willing to cook what I feel like eating and always asking what I want to eat so he can satisfy my taste buds.. =P
Though he doesn't read my blog, I'm sure he knows that I'm sincerely thankful right from the bottom of my heart and I appreciate everything he has done for me all these while..

Thirdly would be to my siblings..
They also gave me special treatment ever since I was pregnant.. =P
Like for e.g., I don't have to do the dishes after a meal back at papa's place..
Helping me get anything I need...
Ensure that I'm always well taken care of..
Thanks for the VIP-style treatment.. =)

Then its to my cousins that are just like my sisters..
Like Avril's mummy, Chloe's mummy, Dennis's mummy...
Answering to all my weird and never ending queries..
They are like my helplines..
I always ask them anything that I'm unsure of and they never fail to assure me and answer to my doubts..
I really learnt alot from them.. Thank you mummies...

Next I would like to thank my colleagues...
They also played an important role during this period of time...
They helped me so much and took great care of me when I was at work..
Very understanding and considerate colleagues I have that I am thankful for...

And many others.. My relatives and friends...
All have shown great concern throughout my pregnancy...
All as excited as me...
All as eager as me to meet my bb...

I think through big events in your life, like wedding, having a child, makes one understand his/her family members better, and its through these events that either you become closer with your family members or you drift further apart...
I am very lucky, contented, happy and touched to have these people in my life... =)
I'm happy that I'm bringing my bb into such a family that I think, to me, is the best in the world..
I'm glad that as we grow, our relationship gets closer and closer.. Not just me and my immediate family.. But with everyone in the whole family..
We may not be the richest, but I'm sure we're the happiest... In our own world...

Haha, I'm not exactly sure of what I'm typing, seriously..
All the thoughts just keep flowing in..
Sorry if it bores you... Just pardon me for this entry.. =P

And to my ah ma in heaven....
It's great pity you're not here physically with us to grace all these big events of your grandchildren's..
Everytime there is a happy occasion in our Ang Family, I think of how great it will be if you're still around...
Each of us getting married...
Each of us having our children, your great-grandchildren...
But you've never left our heart...
You're not forgotten, and never will be...
I know in our heart, you're always here with us...
Coming Mother's Day will be your 7th year anniversary...
I miss you very much...

I know this is gonna sound very silly, but I still want to say that I wish I could still be ME next lifetime, next next lifetime, next next next lifetime....
So I can be my ah gong ah ma's grand-daughter..
So I can be my papa mama's daughter...
My hubby's wife...
My sisters and brother's sister...
My cousins' cousin...
My uncles and aunties' niece...

3 comments:

pit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pit said...

after read ur post, its really touch me, my tears come out!!