Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Baby Alvis

Finally, here is Wifey with updates!!

So to begin with, let me talk abit about my labour..
Went to my gynae on 17th morning for checkup and he said I've not dilated, so as I've chosen to induce my baby on the 18th, he inserted a pill to dilate my cervix at his clinic..
After that I went home and relax and prepare to admit to Thomson Medical Centre on 17th night, at 2230hr..

We checked in to our single private room 617... Here is a photo of me taken on my bed with my tummy..haha..


This is the private room.. Very comfortable and spacious..
Hubby has his bed right beside mine too.. hehe.. He stayed with me throughout that 4 nights at the hospital.. =)

Then at 0030hrs, 18th March, gynae came to check and I've yet to dilate..
So insert another pill..
If by morning of 18th March still couldn't dilate, I would have to opt for c-section..
That night I couldn't sleep well, cuz I wasn't prepared for c-section at all....
I was afraid of the injection and it would also be considered a minor operation..
At 0800hrs, gynae came and checked on me..
Dilate only less than 1cm... =(
Had to make a decision..
Either c-section or continue to wait for miracle to happen so I can deliver vaginally..
Discussed with hubby and decided to go for c-section..
Though I was very afraid, I just want to deliver my baby smoothly and fast cuz I'm afraid waiting might stress my baby...
So I got ready and went into the operating theatre at 1400hrs on 18th March...
Here's me with my glasses.. haha..
Cannot wear lens..
At 1438hrs, Baby Alvis was delivered healthily and safely...
The First Touch of my baby...
Couldn't believe I carried him in me for 39 weeks....
Dr Ang said "nice baby" when he brought him out of my tummy.. hehe..
I was so relieved to hear him wailing...
Finally pregnancy was over and I get to meet my baby for the very first time..
I was so touched..

Our first family photo...
Hubby was there to witness the process...
They cleaned my baby and took all the necessary measurements and did all the necessary procedures...
Measuring his head circumference... 35cm..

His weight at birth... 3.400kg..
And he is 52cm in height..
The nurse at TMC told me that my baby was the tallest... hehe.
Broke their record.. =P
These were all taken by Hubby while Dr Ang stitched me up...

Our little bundle of joy...
So here is Alvis, all cleaned up, showered and all nicely done up when the nurse brought him to my room...


Daddy with Alvis...
Darling, this is our love creation you're holding in your hands...
I hope you're a proud daddy... =)
You've been a very good husband... Thanks for everything we've went through together...
Pregnancy, delivery...
And I wouldnt be able to make it on my own without you with me throughout the hospital stay..
Thank you my hubby...
We came home on the 21st..
Here is Alvis on his cot back from TMC..
Baby Alvis at 5 days old...
We received this back home from Simon and Huimin...
Thanks alot!! We really appreciate it...
Baby Alvis at 11 days old...
Baby Alvis at 13 days old..
Hee.. His ah ma put on a beanie for him last night to sleep..
Today we took out hubby's childhood photo and realised that our Alvis really looked alot like hubby when he was little..
I swear its about 80% resemblance.. hehe..
Alvis took after his dad's nose, mouth and hair color...
I'm happy..
It's like when I look at my baby, I think of hubby as well.. =)
Hee..
Alright, that'll be all for now..
Just a brief entry with the photos to share..
I'll be back with more thoughts and feelings to share...

No comments: